The world of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is filled with wonder, mystery, and a bunch of puzzles, too. One, in particular, requires you to use cloned versions of your character, Sargon, just to clear a path. Our Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Sacred Archives time puzzle guide discusses how you can solve this tricky brain teaser.
How to solve the Sacred Archives time puzzle in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
The Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Sacred Archives time puzzle is part of a main quest called the Path to the Sands Prison. This portion of the campaign tasks you with breaking a seal, but you need a couple of new abilities to do just that. One power, the Dimensional Claw, comes from a boss fight. This particular puzzle, meanwhile, nets you the Clairvoyance skill. For the other unlockable abilities, you can refer to our Time Powers guide.
Sacred Archives puzzle location and mechanics
The puzzle chamber is in the western portion of the Sacred Archives zone. Once you get there, you’ll realize that the walls bar your path, which means you’ll need to take the long way around. Keep following the corridors heading west, then south and east, until you arrive at the bottom section of the chamber.
To solve the Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Sacred Archives puzzle, you have to make use of Sargon’s clones. Here’s a quick summary:
- When you activate the puzzle device in each room, you’ll have a few seconds to move and act as you see fit (i.e. go to a location in the room, pull a lever, and the like).
- Once that expires, the next round sees Sargon’s clone doing the same maneuver. Since you can still control the real Sargon, you have to do additional moves/actions that help you along the way.
- For the third and final round, the way should be clear so you can collect the tablet in the unlocked cell.
Puzzle room #1 (bottom-left)
- First round – Jump and pull either the left or right lever on the wall and stay in that position.
- Second round – Jump and pull the remaining lever and stay in that position.
Note that this is the simplest puzzle out of all four. It serves as a means of introducing this particular mechanic to players.
Puzzle room #2 (top-left)
- First round – Traverse the room and make it all the way to the top-left corner. Use your Shadow of the Simurgh power to create a copy of Sargon.
- Second round – Activate Shadow of the Simurgh so Sargon gets teleported to that previous spot. Continue making it to the top of the room so you can step on the plate.
- Third round – You should now be able to wait until the cell door is opened.
Puzzle room #3 (bottom-right)
- First round – Pull the lower-right lever and stay in that position until roughly five seconds remain on the clock. Then, jump back down and step on the plate on the floor.
- Second round – Wall-jump and grab the upper-left lever and stay in that position.
- Third round – If you time everything right, Sargon should be able to wall-jump and hop all the way to the open cell and the tablet.
Puzzle room #4 (top-right)
This last Sacred Archives puzzle in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown can be somewhat tricky. Here’s what you need to do:
- First round – Quickly run down below, then do an air dash to the right of the platform that emerges. Activate your Shadow of the Simurgh here to create a copy. Then, step on the floor plate and stay there.
- Second round – Move down to the lower chamber and wait for the platform to emerge. Go up to the top of this section and pull the lever to make another wall appear.
- Third round – Time it right so that you reactivate Shadow of the Simurgh once the platform has appeared. You should be able teleport on the ledge, and then wall-jump to the top.
This is how you complete all Sacred Archives time puzzles in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Your reward for beating this portion of the campaign is the Clairvoyance time power. It allows you to turn transparent objects into solid ones, and vice versa. This ability can be used to create platforms to help you cross chasms, ledges so you can continue climbing, or gaps so you can pass through unimpeded.