A new patch is out now for Palworld on Steam, and it includes many fixes for issues that players have been experiencing since the game launched in January.
Version 0.1.4.0 is out now, and one of the top fixes is for crashing issues and an issue that could cause enemy pals to get stuck in walls. Previously, the game could crash if players captured more than 7,000 objects, but that’s no longer the case.
The Palworld patch also fixes an issue that could cause players to receive damage twice in some scenarios. What’s more, players should no longer clip through walls when dismounting, and the camera positions have been tweaked to help make certain pals easier to see.
You can see the full Palworld patch notes below, as shared by developer Pocketpair on Steam.
The Game Pass version of Palworld for Xbox and PC is getting attention, too, as Pocketpair just announced a partnership with Microsoft to help get the game in a better state and add new features like dedicated servers.
Palworld is now the most-played third-party day-one launch in Game Pass history. Across Xbox and Windows PC, Palworld has reached more than 7 million players already and achieved a peak of almost 3 million daily active users on Xbox. On Steam, the game has sold 12 million copies.
Palworld patch notes
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where if another player’s pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
- Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
- Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild’s total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server’s world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load. We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.
- Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
- Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.
- Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
- Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
- Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
- Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
- Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.
- Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
- The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
- Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
- Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
- Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.
- Corrected incorrect text
- Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players’ Pals.
- Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.