Frox are hulking, carnivorous monsters that make their home in The Depths of Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. With one giant eye and an even bigger, vacuous mouth, Frox of all types make for difficult adversaries.
Whether you’re looking to challenge yourself or to farm the Zonaite and monster parts they drop, you won’t want to waste your time wandering around the vast Depths to find a Frox. That’s why we’ve assembled all forty Frox locations in TotK with a handy map.
Hebra and Tabantha Frox Locations
There are a total of eight Frox that can be found in the northwestern region of The Depths, directly beneath the Hebra Mountains, Tabantha Frontier, and Tabantha Tundra:
- West of Sturnida Lavafalls and southeast of Nupisoyuat Lightroot
- South of Cuho Canyon Mine and slightly southeast of Kataki Lightroot
- Southwest of Koro-nui Lightroot
- Slightly southwest of Hebra Canyon Mine, northeast of Worihas Lightroot
- South of Aduon Lightroot, east of the Abandoned Hebra Mine
- Southwest of Muihcoro Lightroot
- West of the U-nazohso Lightroot and North Lomei Depths Labryinth
- Northeast of Yisuayam Lightroot and northwest of the Drena Canyon Mine
In the Hebra-Tabantha region of The Depths, the only Obsidian Frox is found at location “8” labeled in screenshot above, just a bit northwest of the Drena Canyon Mine. All other locations labeled are where Blue-White Frox can be discovered.
Eldin and Akkala Frox Locations
There are a total of six Frox that can be found in the northeastern region of The Depths, directly beneath the areas of the Great Hyrule Forest, Eldin, and Akkala:
- Northeast of the Nikakik Lightroot
- Slightly east of the Katenim Lightroot, and north of the Gleeok Den above the Korok Grove
- Northeast of the Kawamit Lightroot, south of the Abandoned Eldin Mine
- South of the Anonisik Lightroot
- East of the Akinatanis Lightroot and northeast of the Ulri Canyon Mine
- Directly south of the Kawikatisar Lightroot, north of Ploymous Canyon Mine
All of the Frox found in the Eldin-Akkala region of The Depths are Obsidian Frox, with the exception of the Frox at location “3” labeled on the screenshot above.
Hyrule Ridge and Hyrule Field Frox Locations
There are a total of eleven Frox you can find all-in-all throughout the The Depths beneath Hyrule Ridge and Hyrule Field, plus their surrounding areas:
- East of Rhoam Canyon Mine and Sikurukam Lightroot
- East of Napanos Lightroot and the Blupee Burrow
- North of the Kawakanis Lightroot
- Northwest of the Netamnet Lightroot
- North of the Gadohsi Lightroot
- Directly east of the Gustaf Canyon Mine and a bit southeast of the Gadohsi Lightroot
- South of the Nihcayam Lightroot and southeast of the Daphnes Canyon Mine
- South of the Grove of Time and Nuzimak Lightroot
- Northwest of the Stakijat Lightroot
- South of the Apapes Lightroot
- Northeast of the Korakut Lightroot and south of both Crenel Canyon Mine and Nojoj Lightroot
The Frox found at locations labeled “1 – 4” on the screenshot above are all Obsidian Frox varieties. The Frox found at locations “5, 10, 11” are all the tougher Blue-White Frox varieties, with the rest being regular Frox.
Gerudo Frox Locations
There’s a total of ten Frox to you can find in the southwestern region of The Depths directly beneath the Gerudo Desert and Gerudo Highlands areas:
- North of the Stamayam Lightroot
- North of the Gerudo Dark Skeleton and south of the Gonatoyrim Lightroot
- Southeast of the Rasinaduk Lightroot
- Southeast of the Umamuster Lightroot and north of the Birida Lookout Chasm
- Southwest of the Mihcihc Lightroot and east of the Abandoned Gerudo Mine
- Southeast of the Abandoned Kara Kara Mine and Tatayam Lightroot
- West of the Amakawis Lightroot
- North of Amakawis Lightroot
- Southwest of the Jadukakar Lightroot and west of the Nabooru Canyon Mine
- South of the Nabooru Canyon Mine and Northwest of the Kawatik Lightroot
The toughest Blue-White Frox variant can be found at the “1” and “4” locations labeled on the map screenshot above. If you are searching for an Obsidian Frox, look at the locations labeled “2”, “3”, “6” above. All other locations are home to regular Frox.
Faron and Necluda Frox Locations
In the southeast region of The Depths, you can find a total of five Frox in the area that is beneath the Faron and Necluda areas of Hyrule:
- Southeast of Falorra Canyon Mine
- North of Pappetto Grove and northeast of Nikohsi Lightroot
- Slightly southeast of the Kohsustu Lightroot
- West of the Tuft Canyon Mine
- Northeast of Migo-o Lightroot
The only Blue-White Frox in the southeast corner of The Depths is found at location “4” labeled on the map screenshot above, west of the Tuft Canyon Mine. The closest Lightroot to this monster is the Mimufis Lightroot to the east. Otherwise, you can find Obsidian Frox at locations “3” and 5″ on the screenshot above. All other locations are where regular Frox enemies can be found.
Those are all the Frox you can find in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Having a tough time beating these brutish monsters? Check out our guides on Blue-White Frox or Obsidian Frox for some tips, strategies, and recommended gear.
Need help finding locations in Hyrule, like all the Shrines or Skyview Towers? Check out IGN’s complete TotK interactive map, complete with tracking tools to make hunting down every last Korok and other collectibles easier. Plus, don’t forget to take a look at the Tears of the Kingdom Walkthrough and the List of Side Quests and Adventures.
Shailyn Cotten is a Freelance Writer for IGN. When she’s not writing guides, you can find her gobbling up Legend of Zelda lore, writing cozy fantasy novels, or live-streaming on Twitch. You can find her on Twitter at @ShaiCotten.